The iOS 4.2 is especially developed for the iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, and iPod Touch 4G. The addition of multitasking, folders and a big improvement made in mails will apparently make your device to feel more like of a computer. The said iOS update come with new features which basically includes the following:
* AirPrint – is a wireless printing feature wherein you will be able to print mail, photos, web pages and others alike more directly to a printer through a wireless network.
* AirPlay – wherein you can wirelessly stream videos, music, and photos as well as stream music to AirPlay speakers or receivers including AirPort Express
* Multitasking - a feature which will enable you to run all your favorite applications and switch between them instantly without slowing down its performance and the draining of its battery.
* Folders – with this feature, you may organize apps into folders with a drag-and-drop simplicity which allows you get faster access to your favorite apps as well as browse and manage a thousand apps.
* Even better mail – the new iOS4.2 comes with enhancement made in mails wherein you will be able to see messages from all of your e-mail accounts in a unified inbox, open attachments in third party apps and organize messages by threads.
However, it is important to take note that even if the iOS 4.2 works well with iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G, not all of these features are compatible with all iDevices. A sample of that is multitasking, which is only available for the iPhone 4, iPad and iPhone 3GS respectively.
The iPad has already begun its evolution with the iOS 4.2 and surprisingly it doesn’t looks like the said device is lagging due to RAM deficiencies as well as CPU strain. Basically, everything works just like the iPhone 4. However, there were some scrolling issues noticed upon moving from Spotlight search back to the icons in the homescreen. Since it is only a beta version, a few hiccups will be just normal.
As mentioned the beta version of the iOS 4.2 is already available for download. However, it is required that all those developers who plan to test the iOS 4.2 beta must also be running the latest beta version of Snow Leopard, Mac OS x 10.6.5 in order to ensure compatibility with the AirPrint wireless printing feature.
For more updates for iOS 4.2 for iPhone 4/ iPod Touch 4g / iPad be connected with us.
Contact us for Mobile App Development and Mobile App Developers.